Saturday, May 24, 2008

My First European Shopping Spree

I cracked. I couldn’t help myself. It was bound to happen. It’s been about a week and a half and I have not bought any new clothes. We’ve had two free days and countless nights to unleash our Euros on unsuspecting European stores. But I have refrained. I have been prudent. You see, there are some people here only for the tour, while others are here for the tour and accompanying internships. But I’m here for exorbitantly longer. I can’t afford to waste money on things like shopping sprees to H&M, too many meals out, foreign beer or the like. And so I have resisted, expelling my Euros with considerable care. But even I have my limits. It happened on Friday, on a break from our presentations. Eurostat is the collector and disseminater of European statistical information. That’s all well and good, but the important thing to know is that it is located underneath a mall. So in twenty minutes (the time I had left after a quick lunch) I did some damage.

It’s really not that bad. It was all very reasonable—items that can be used for both the tour, internships and otherwise. And it was cheap too. I got everything for 50 Euros. That should ameliorate my guilt a little.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you controlled yourself...ha..ha

Dad

Anonymous said...

Diana, I look forward to seeing more pictures of future purchases. I feel your purchases are versatile and will give you much wearing pleasure. I would however, enjoy a virtual fashoin show of any future purchases!!
love you little sis.

Anonymous said...

I agree! I definitely want a fashion show. I think that will give me a better sense of what the shirts will look like!