Friday, July 18, 2008

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away

I found them. The perfect shoe. I've been looking for them since June: bronze gladiator-style sandals, not too many straps, not too high up the angle, not too expensive. I found them yesterday in Sfera. I tried on the left one. Good fit. Perfect shoe. Check. On sale for 20 euros. Check.

So I ask the sales man for the right one. He looks at me quizzically. "Don't know," he says, in broken English, as he scans another size 38 single right foot shoe. "Not there. Sorry." That's it.

My heart sinks. It's fate. I'm not meant to have this shoe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sad...oh so sad....

Dee said...

Thank you for your condolences. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. But I'm still in mourning.

Gabbo said...

Between you and O'Neill, the entire summer has this whole subplot about shoes now.

Anonymous said...

Hey, one less thing to pack....

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.