Friday, February 13, 2009

Paris...At Night

They don’t call Paris the "City of Light" for nothing. It is absolutely gorgeous at night. That’s the unfortunate thing about visiting the city. You see interesting and amazing sites during the day but most of them are lit up at night and look even better. So you almost want to re-visit the sites you visited during the day at night to see how they look. I didn’t do that, but I was very tempted.

Remember when I got this for Christmas? Well I wanted it specifically for Paris. And the results turned out quite nicely if I do say so myself. Here are a selection of them

Arc de Triomphe

The Bastille monument

Sacre Coeur Basillica

The view from Sacre Coeur

The Moulin Rouge, where dinner and a show will set you back €170

The famous tower

The Louvre and the famous 'Da Vinci Code' pyramid

More from the Louvre

Funky perspective of the Louvre

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you said you didn't revisit all the sites you say during the day? Every picture here has a corresponding daytime picture from previous posts except for the Moulin Rouge and Sacre Couer.

Anyway, it was night time...where were the pictures of the celebrity houses?

Anonymous said...

Putting that wacky tripod to good use, I see. Fantastic!
-Laura

Unknown said...

Gorgeous shots, Mendes! Excellent use of the tripod!

Anonymous said...

I love the photos but seeing the Moulin Rouge picture reminds me...Baz Luhrman (sp?) is directing a remake of the Great Gatsby ie one of my favourite books! Ahhhhh! Nooooooooooooooooooooo! It's like the worst news ever. If he turns it into a musical, I will cry. :(
PS I am muy impressed with the lighting in the photos...very professional!