Tuesday, August 19, 2008

For the Ottawans.

For all of you reading this who live, lived, have visited or spent time in our nation’s capital, this post is for you. While sitting in a train station in Cologne waiting for my train to arrive I looked up and was met with this beautiful sight.


And for a second I was transported to the O-Train platform at Greenboro or Carleton. There are no bells (or bilingual British woman voice) in the German version. But it was enough to make me nostalgic for the countless times I spent running to catch it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next stop, CONfederation.
Prochaine arret, con-feh-deh-ra-tion

Unknown said...

Ah, sweet O-train. Remember our Monday morning jogs last year, and running for it with a cartload of TV equipment?

Anonymous said...

OK that's it - I have lived vicariously long enough. So I am getting on a plane to Portugal on the 4th of September and doing what you are doing - playing tourist....if you decide to spend any time in Lisbon and need a place to stay, I will give my number to your parents.

PS I gather by now you have figured out that those anonymous comments were from me....Dulce

Dee said...

Joni, all those images flashed into my mind when I saw this train. And then I got homesick.

Dee said...

Dulce! I'm sure my parents have told you but I'll be in Lisbon from the 5 to the 7th! But I am supposedly staying with my cousins. If that doesn't work out I'll let you know. Thanks for the offer and sorry for making you so jealous. :)