Saturday, August 30, 2008

Who Is Going to Clean this Carpet?

I almost forgot about this. One of the good things about staying in Brussels through August is that I got to see the flower carpet. The night before, crews set up in the Grand Place and cover it with flowers. A tradition dating back to the 1970s, they do this every two years. It only lasts three days so it's a major event that happens on a long weekend and brings hundreds to the Grand Place.

Some people viewed the spectacle from the ground. But I joined the eager beavers and took in the view from the top of City Hall. Here are some of the pictures.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mendes! That title! You've only been out of J-school 4 months!

Dee said...

Opps! Thanks for catching it Joni!

My only defense is that I was on the phone while I wrote it. Never blog'n'chat.

Dee said...

And I suck at grammar.