Friday, January 30, 2009

Some tips for the Emerald Aisle

Upon leaving I have two pieces of advice. One came from Shane, who expressed upon me the importance that I come back to see the Irish countryside. Only about 1millio of Ireland 4 million live in Dublin so the heart of Ireland really is its countryside. This wasn’t new to me. The beauty of the rolling Irish countryside was famous, the subject of many a poem or song. Apparently, you haven’t really seen Ireland unless you’ve been to Galway, Limerick and County Clare.

The other I learned from myself. Ireland is expensive. I don’t know if it’s because it has a strong economy, a small population or because it’s an island, but it’s not for the skint. A pint costs €5.90 and dinner cost €10 for a main dish. We cooked dinner together Saturday night which was not only a nice experience but a nice relief for the wallet.

No comments: